WHY ARE MY INJECTORS FAILING? DMAX Store
While the first models of GM trucks to offer the Duramax engine/Allison transmission combo are aging, clean versions can still command a pretty penny. The one Achilles heel of the LB7 Duramax engine is injector failure. Sooner or later, the injectors will need to be replaced (a $3,000 to $4,000 expense depending on the shop performing the work). However, once the injector issue is addressed... Exhaust System, XP Series, Filter-Back, T409 Stainless Steel, Dual Split Side Exit, Chevy/GMC, Duramax, Kit Not Yet Reviewed Part Number: MBR-S6028409 More Detail...
6.6L Duramax LMM Diesel Engine Ask-a-Tech
While the first models of GM trucks to offer the Duramax engine/Allison transmission combo are aging, clean versions can still command a pretty penny. The one Achilles heel of the LB7 Duramax engine is injector failure. Sooner or later, the injectors will need to be replaced (a $3,000 to $4,000 expense depending on the shop performing the work). However, once the injector issue is addressed... The system needs you to drive 30+mph for a straight 25-30 mins every now and then so it can clean the filter. While you do that, it is raising the exhaust temperature to burn off the particle accumulation in the filter.
2008 Duramax for sale cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle
2) When we are finished cleaning your filter and you install it back in your vehicle it will last as long as it did when it was new ! how to avoid ingrown hairs bikini line GMC Sierra 2008, Replacement Exhaust Kit by Walker®. If you are looking for the ultimate in quality and value, then this superior replacement exhaust kit by Walker is what you need.
Servicing The GM Duramax Diesel Engine UnderhoodService
The Black, White and Greys of the Duramax Fuel Filter Grandpa used to lecture me about the importance of draining the water separator on his farm’s diesel tractor. This man, who wouldn’t hesitate to fix things with haywire or binder twine was, however, a purist when it came to maintenance. how to clean out laundry machine Diesel Particulate Filter The Duramax engine is equipped with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) that, by design, will filter or trap particulates. The DPF is located under the vehicle in the exhaust system. Depending on a number of factors monitored by the engine computer, the DPF will need to be cleaned of accumulated solids. When a cleaning is needed, the engine computer will initiate a
How long can it take?
10-06-05-002G Clean Exhaust Filter See Owners Manual Now
- DIC reads "clean exhaust filter" DPF DELETED EFILive
- Diesel Particulate Filter
- Servicing The GM Duramax Diesel Engine UnderhoodService
- DIC reads "clean exhaust filter" DPF DELETED [Archive
How To Clean Exhaust Filter 2008 Duramax
Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) is a system that takes exhaust gas from a diesel’s exhaust manifold and reintroduces it into the intake of the engine to reduce the combustion chamber temperature
- 12/05/2012 · "For the filter to clean itself, the vehicle must be driven above 50 km/h (30 mph) until the CLEANING EXHAUST FILTER KEEP DRIVING UNTIL MESSAGE IS CLEARED message goes off. The will take about 30 minutes."
- The 08 diesel vehicles have a particulate filter much like a catalytic converter an a gas engine, these exhaust cannot be modified by removing the filter . The PCM will monitor this function and alert you with a service engine light if an issue is detected .
- 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500 / 3500 HD truck owners can add horsepower, torque, and respectability with an all-black K&N Blackhawk Air Induction System Factory direct K&N replacement air filters, air intakes, oil filters and cabin filters.
- A Diesel Particulate Filter, more commonly called DPF, is used as a part of the exhaust system and traps smoke or soot produced by the combustion of the engine.